top of page



When you get hurt on someone else’s property, you may be able to obtain compensation for your injury or damages.  “Premise” liability is different from “personal” liability as “premise” liability has to do with a person’s neglect, whereas, “personal” liability is due to a person’s action.


There are certain factors within premise liability law that dictate owner or occupant liability obligations-factors that you must prove:

  • The property is owned or occupied by the defendant

  • The defendant (whether a business or private resident) was negligent in caring for and maintaining the property

  • You were injured as a direct result of the owner or occupant’s negligence of the property

  • Actual injury or damage must have been experienced by you in order for you to be compensated

Types of premise liability claims may include:


  • Slip or trip and fall accidents

  • Swimming pool injuries

  • Attacks by animals

  • Inadequate maintenance of the property

  • Amusement park injuries

  • Elevator and escalator injuries

  • Injuries that occur while in a restaurant or retail business

  • Inadequate security

If you are hurt in these or other situations on someone else’s property, you may be faced with missing work, going to doctors, and even paying medical bills due to your injuries. 


Hal P. Farley is an experienced attorney who can answer your questions about the legal process and help ease your stress by acting on your behalf to take care of all things related to your accident claim. 


To learn how the Law Office of Hal P. Farley can assist you, call (805) 598-5743 or (805) 922-4553

bottom of page